Thursday, January 7, 2010

MY LITTLE BLACK CLOCHE


One of my favorite hat shapes is the cloche. I like the deep crown and the slanted brim. It makes you look as though you are peeping from under the hat. The cloche is also called the bell cloche because of it shape. This chic style was made popular in the 1920's by flappers. It was often embellished with contrasting bands, beautiful bugel beads or antique brooches. I like to update this vintage style hat so it can easily be incorporated into today's fashions. This hat is also great for cold weather because it completely covers your head and ears. For my latest creation, I used this classic shape, but kept it modern by complimenting it with a self band and a sculpted spiral design. The next time you are thinking of updating your hat wardrobe, try a cloche.

No comments:

Post a Comment